Monday, June 11, 2012

NYC BBQ Festival

On my walk to work on Friday, I saw that a street was blocked off. I expected to see signs that a movie or TV episode was filming but instead of signs and trailers, I saw BBQ pits! When I got to work, I did some googling and discovered the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party was in Madison Square Park this weekend. And even better than that, Salt Lick was supposed to be there!

The party started at 11 am so we showed up on Saturday at about 11 am and the line for Salt Lick was already pretty long!




The brisket and the juicy sausage were sooooo good and were definitely worth the wait!

We went back on Sunday but we arrived at around 10:40 so the line was a lot shorter. And this time we got to see them throw logs into the fire!



This Block Party was no joke! There were lots of BBQ vendors, lots of attendees, live music, cooking demonstrations, and probably more - but honestly, it was soooo hot that we ate and left (yep, we're party poopers). You could tell who the professional attendees were because they came with coolers and boxes so they ordered more than one serving and took it to go, or ordered for themselves and friends who were ordering food in other lines. This was definitely a wonderful NYC experience and we're so glad we finally got some real BBQ - we had been craving Salt Lick for a few months now so this was a nice treat!

Smile: On top of having delicious BBQ this weekend, on Saturday night we got to Face Time with Jack Jack! And of course by this I mean that Patrick held the phone while we watched Jack run allllll over the house and get into mischief! It was wonderful! He tried to say "Bobby" a few times, which melted my heart. We miss this kid (well, we miss every one in Texas!)!!

This isn't from the Face Time chat, but we got this pic yesterday. Isn't he just stinkin' adorable?!!!

No comments: