Saturday, April 07, 2012

Kristel's Baby Shower

Last weekend I traveled to Belton for a few days to hang out with my UMHB girls and attend Kristel's baby shower. (Disclaimer: Sorry to family and others in Central Texas for not telling you I was coming and for not stopping by to say hello! I was only in the area for a brief time and the purpose of the trip was to hang out with my UMHB girls and I traveled without Bobby so I kept it a secret from others. Hopefully Bobby and I will be able to make a trip to Texas later this year and we'll be able to see people on that trip!)

For a brief few hours Friday night, all 8 of us girls were together again - the first time it has happened in years! Although I lost a lot of sleep that weekend, I had an absolutely wonderful time and was so glad I went! I knew I needed some girl time, but I don't think I realized just how much I needed that girl time until I actually saw the girls and hung out with them. There is something so wonderful about having a group of girls who know you better than you know yourself and love you anyway. It was definitely a wonderful weekend and I am already looking forward to the next one!!!

Here are some pictures from the shower (sadly my camera died near the end but I think I got most of the highlights)...

All eight of us together at last! 




Kristel's baby's name is Jackson

Kristel's mother made this quilt. Isn't it beautiful?!!!

The loot! :)



We made onesies for Jackson using fabric and iron-ons and then Kristel's mom and sister took them home to sew the iron-ons in place.



Kristel with her mom (middle) and her husband's aunt (left)

Kristel's sister took notes about the gifts and the gift givers

Instead of cards, we gave books to Kristel to add to Jackson's library

Two beautiful ladies!!! (Holly and Julia)





















Kristel's grandfather didn't want to be inside with all the ladies so he took a nap outside in the rocker.





Smile: It really was so nice to spend some time catching up with my girls!!
Frown: It was nice to be in Texas but it was sad not seeing family and other friends while I was there!

No comments: