Saturday, November 05, 2011

Bryant Park

This week I read the book Sarah's Key (I couldn't put this book down! I stayed up late Friday night to finish it because I just had to know what happened!). The movie based on this book came out this summer, but it was in select theaters so I figured I had missed the opportunity to see it and I'd have to wait for it on video... then Bobby did some searching and discovered it's currently playing in Times Square so we decided to go see it this morning.  The movie did a great job of representing the heart of the book and Bobby and I were very glad we saw it!!



After the movie we ate some BBQ and then went for a stroll (to walk off some of that BBQ). We ended up walking to Bryant Park where we saw numerous little shops and the ice skating rink. We did not skate, but we did enjoy walking around to see all of the boutiques.





Near the end of the walk I saw a Wafels and Dinges cart and I decided I needed a waffle with speculoos. It's an authentic Belgian and the sauce tastes like peanut butter, but it's even better! Absolutely delicious!! They have carts all over the city and are in different locations each day. I heard about it from my coworkers but Bobby and I have also seen the Food Network special about it. Sooo good!




After the waffle, we continued walking towards home and passed Macy's... where it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Workers were putting up the trees and lights! And, the store windows said "How?" "Where?" etc. and had the date November 17th so I'm hoping that means their Christmas windows are going to be revealed soon!



I am verrrrry excited to see the city all decorated for Christmas!!

No comments: