On Tuesday night we headed to an Italian Restaurant near Lincoln Center, Il Violino. I had some mussels as an appetizer with some lamb and asparagus as the main course and Bobby had a delicious chicken, mashed potatoes, and grilled zucchini as his main course. It was yummy!
On Wednesday I stopped at a Hummus restaurant near work and picked up some Baklava. Bobby cooked some yummy fish and scallops and then we ate the baklava as dessert. It was delicious!!! After dinner we went out for a walk and ended up sitting on the High Line and talking for awhile. It was a little cool, but it was a great evening!
On Saturday we decided to run some errands and ended up taking a long walk (Bobby thinks we walked about 7 or 8 miles total). Our first stop was to the Chelsea Craft Fair where my coworker's husband was showing his photographs. (Checkout his Etsy shop here. His underwater photographs are sooooo neat!) I had never met him and Bobby hadn't met my coworker so we just went to say a quick hello.
After the Chelsea Fair, we headed to the Loft and to GAP so I could look for new pants. On the way, we got a little sidetracked and saw some beautiful sights. I didn't get a picture, but we stopped in a puppy store and saw some adorable puppies: malte-poo, morky, and malte-shih (or whatever it's called). It was soooo tempting to get one but somehow we managed to walk out of the store without a puppy. After the store, we passed a beautiful park, I believe it is called Jackson Square Park.
A handful of blocks later we came across a beautiful church! These pictures are from the back but I think you can still see its beauty!!
After shopping, we decided to head home. We passed through the NYU area and Union Square Park where they were having the weekly Market. We decided to walk through the market - we weren't shopping for anything in particular, just looking. After a few minutes I decided I'd look for some local honey. I've heard that eating local honey can help with allergies and since my allergies have been driving me crazy, I am hoping honey might help. We happened to find a guy (whose area was swarming with bees so I took that as a good sign) who had honey from an area of New York so we bought a jar for $5. They helped me pick a kind that would be best in my teas, Locust, so I'm excited to have some in my tea this week!!
Along the way we happened to come across the building where Theodore Roosevelt was born! It was closed, but it was still neat to see the outside!!
Then we happened to come across Beecher's Handmade Cheese shop! We had been to this store in Pike Place Market in Seattle and Bobby LOVED their Flagship cheese my dad bought him so we were soooo excited to find one in NY (and it's only a few blocks from our apartment). We wandered around for a while, tried some cheese, and walked out with about four cheese blocks and I bought a pumpkin butter (which was yummy on my ice cream tonight) and some red pepper relish (which was yummy on my brie and crackers today). Bobby enjoyed one of the cheese's (raw milk Flagship) and we're excited to enjoy the other ones later this week.
| They make cheese in the store so you can watch! So fun!! |
All in all, it was a very very very good birthday week full of fun activities and yummy food!


No comments:
Post a Comment