Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yo in Yo Out

Believe it or not, that's the name of a restaurant in East Harlem. My dad was in town for a few days this week on business and on Tuesday he took Bobby and I to this delicious French cafe. The restaurant is located on the edge of the iffy area of Harlem, so I was a little nervous, but the food was absolutely delicious! I had a filet mignon, Bobby had chicken marsala, and my dad... well... he had some sort of steak but I'm not sure what he got because he ordered in French (by the way, my dad's favorite part about the restaurant might have been that he got to speak in French all night to the waitress). It was fun enjoying a nice long dinner and some good conversation with my dad and Bobby!



How did we pick this restaurant you may ask? Simple, my dad saw the chef, Chef Yoanne Magris, on two episodes of Chopped on the Food Network where despite not winning, it looked like she was an outstanding chef (turns out Bobby and I had just seen the second episode where she was trying to win the championship to go back to France to see her grandma but she lost but then the winner gave her half of the money because she was a great competitor). Anyway, sadly, she was not in the restaurant the night we were there, but the food was still great.


Perhaps I'm biased, but I also think that Bobby looked super cute for our dinner!


No comments: