Sadly, a lot has happened this week on the apartment front.
So that great apartment that I signed a lease for, well... sadly, we no longer have that apartment. The people who are living it were packed up and ready to go and then they realized that they had nowhere to go so they wanted to resign the lease, but we had a lease, so now they are refusing to leave and are squatting. It will take the management office at least three months to get it to court and then the court will give them a few months to find a new place. So the earliest we could have it is in six months and we don't want to wait that long. The management office offered to let us live in their building on the east side for the same rent, but I did not like the apartments so I did not take that offer. The management office gave me my money back yesterday and Bobby and I are back to square one on the apartment hunt.
Thursday night I went apartment hunting and liked a one bedroom (huge bedroom, little living room/kitchen) with an amazing upper west side view. I put in an offer, but on Friday, my broker said that he heard someone else also put in an offer so it might turn into a bidding war. This place was at the top of our budget, so I'm not participating in a bidding war.
So the apartment hunt continues. Friday I saw a beautiful place that was very well managed and taken care of and was on the east side by the river. However, the bedroom was sooooo small that it'd maybe hold a bed, but probably not our queen bed. Oh well.
This weekend I ran some errands (got some cute new shirts at the Loft), and am hanging out in my hotel getting some work done and relaxing. Next week the apartment hunt will continue - and we might even venture into Brooklyn.
Bobby is still planning on coming in a couple weeks, and if needed, we'll just put our stuff in storage for a little while. It will be nice when he's here so that he can do the apartment hunt and I won't have to leave work early everyday. It'll also be really nice just to be in NYC with him!!
This is Bobby's last week at his great job. He has been there for four years. They have been good to him and he has made some good friends while he's been there!
Smile: Thankfully I have been able to stay in a great hotel throughout this apartment hunt. And thankfully I have a great job that I love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment