Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Still Homeless

Sadly I still have not heard back from the place where I put in an application last week so I am now assuming that we do not have that place. 

I know that something will work out and that these places haven't because there is something better waiting for us... I just kind of wish I knew where it was! :)

I went apartment hunting on the Upper East side last night after work. The places were decent and very well taken care of, but the rooms were too small for what we need. I also realized, that while I don't want to leave work early to apartment hunt, starting the hunt at 5 or 6 at night means I don't get back to my hotel until 8 and by then it's getting pretty dark.  This is no bueno either!

Bobby has looked at some other websites and has seen some interesting places, but those places appear to be places that it'd be easier if I could make phone calls and visits during the day, which is not something I can do right now. 

As a result of all of this, I am now letting the apartment hunting take a back seat.  My work duties are starting to get more involved and I need to make sure I spend time getting my work done. I will keep an eye out and see if I see anything online and maybe I will go apartment hunting this weekend.  Otherwise, I probably will not be going out much, if at all.

I am incredibly thankful and excited that Bobby will be here in a couple weeks and he can take over the apartment hunt and he can go look at places and call places during the day while I'm at work.  I feel bad that I haven't yet found a place for Bobby and I to move into and I feel like I'm "wasting time" sitting in the hotel instead of apartment hunting, but I also know that I am very very drained of energy and my priority needs to be work, not apartment hunting, or else this whole thing is a moot point. 

Hopefully one day I will have a great post with picture of our new apartment, until then, I hope you enjoyed this little update. :)

Smile: I can't say it enough - yay for my wonderful husband who takes care of me and is reassuring and helpful and just overall amazing!

Extra Smile: The proposal I've been working on since I started at this job is due next week and some of the last government documents I need for it will be posted next Monday. In other words - next week is going to be a busy week for me and I'm super excited (is that sad?)!!

No comments: