This hotel really has been a blessing! It has been a great place to stay while looking for an apartment and starting my job because it has a great rate and is close (within six blocks) to the subway. It was also a great place to stay during Hurricane Irene!
We didn't have too many problems at my hotel. The lobby flooded a little (but it floods when it rains so no surprise) and the signs for the hotel out front fell down early this morning, but otherwise we were fine. I stayed downstairs for a little while this morning to watch the wind blow the trees. Otherwise, it was almost like a regular day (well, except that I couldn't go anywhere this weekend because the public transportation was closed).
Tomorrow I get to go back to work. I was a little worried that the subways wouldn't be running and I'd have to sit on a bus for 1 to 2 hours each way, but thankfully the subways should be running (but I'm sure they'll be packed and not running as often) so I get to leave my hotel (that is great - but after staying in my room for 48+ hours, I'm done!) and go to the office. Yay!
This is going to be my first busy busy week and I'm very excited! Our project is due Thursday and I'm very excited to do well on it!
And to celebrate the completion of the project, I get a three day weekend!! Okay, the two have nothing to do with each other, but I am excited to spend a long weekend with family - someone super special is coming this weekend, and his brother is driving with him so yay for company!!
No comments:
Post a Comment