This has been a crazy busy week! I cannot express enough Thanks to my wonderful friend (whom I already miss!) Melissa and her hubby Marc! I do not think I would have survived my whirlwind few days of packing and moving out of my Champaign apartment had it not been for her!! She kept me sane and entertained in spite of the ups and downs of the week. It was a looooong crazy week that ended well with all of my stuff in boxes in my dad's garage.
Today I arrived in my new hometown - New York! It was surreal to get off the plane and realize that I had a one-way ticket... I will not be returning to the airport in the near future to go home because I am home. Crazy!
Sadly, I am spending most of today in a hotel so that I can get work done. Although it means I will have a boring day, it also means that I will be able to focus on the apartment hunt the rest of the week and not have work hanging over my head. Hopefully I will have a blog update in a few days that will state I have found an apartment!
What is the best news this week?? Someone super special will hopefully be joining me in NY by the end of the month! I honestly could not be more excited!! After four years apart, we will finally be back together under the same roof!! Yippee!! He does not yet have a job, but we decided that we are just sick of living apart and we're hopeful that once he gets here it will be easier to find a job. And that means this blog will go back to being about "our life" instead of focusing so much on "my life"!
Smile: This next month is going to be busy - finding an apartment, starting a new full time job, and Bobby moving our stuff to the city - but I am very excited about the adventure that awaits us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment