(at least with this semester's requirements and, I think, with taking classes for good!!)
Now I wait.... Hopefully I passed my classes.... Hopefully I passed my qual.... Hopefully I successfully completed the research paper (department requirement).... There is nothing I can do now but wait for the outcome....
This week was somewhat of a blur. At the time I was working on each assignment, I was into it, I was concentrating on it, and I was focused. But now that I've had a week of being somewhat sleep deprived, I keep thinking things like "Did I remember to put my name on my paper?" "Did I answer every question on that test?" "Did I include that table in my appendix of my paper?" I'm sure I did do all of these things, as I'm sure I was sane at the moment I was completing them, but now I'm too exhausted and don't remember a thing! I'm just hoping for a good outcome!!
Next up? Sadly, I do not get a month off (though I will be spending a lot of time in Texas). I still need to finish my preliminary paper (this is about 75% of my dissertation), the presentation that goes with the paper, and a job talk presentation. These are my fun holiday plans (as is re-reading the Harry Potter series)!!!
I am going to let myself take tonight off, though! My night class professor this semester said that when you give yourself a day off, you should take off from 5 pm to 5 pm. Otherwise, if you take off from like 7 am to 11 pm (or whatever), you will spend the day and the evening dreading the work you have to do the next morning. However, if you take off the evening and then the next day and start working at 5 pm that next day, you've let yourself take time off, relax, have a day to recover, and now you can get a little work done before bed (which will hopefully allow you to be more productive the next day). It sounds a little crazy, but I'm implementing this policy tonight! I will not work until Saturday evening and I will not feel guilty about not working! I just hope there are some good TV shows on!! :)
Smile: Yay for being done!!!! I'm honestly not sure I aced the assignments that I turned in over the last 24 hours (the homework assignment I turned in was definitely not one of my best!), but I'm thrilled they are done and I'm glad I've been staying up late to get them done before the weekend!!!
Extra Smile: Cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow! I've been staying up til 1 to 3 in the morning this week and then waking up by 7 and I'm definitely looking forward to sleeping this weekend! Hopefully my body will cooperate!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment