Judy (the Statistics department office manager), Erin and I hosted a baby shower for Melissa (the department assistant) and Marc during lunch today. It was a lot of fun!!
Melissa is due October 25th and they are waiting to find out the gender of the baby (in Melissa's words, it is one of the surprises in life and she wants to be surprised).

The gifts!

The yummy food!!

Marc and Melissa (I promise, Marc is happy, he just doesn't look it)

I made a calendar so people were guessing the gender (by using a blue or pink sticky note) and guessing what day, and whether AM or PM, the baby will be born. I wish I had audio for the conversations that took place... let's just say, doing something like this for a bunch of statisticians was an interesting experience. They honestly were somewhat debating (in a somewhat joking manner) the probability of what day the baby will be born! Quite comical!!

Erin and some of the others in the department.


The group in the corner was guessing the flavors of baby food.

The beautiful diaper cake.


Melissa and Judy

Some of the guests

They were tasting the baby food to try to guess the flavors! It was very entertaining seeing them try to guess!!

Then it was time to open gifts!!!


Erin took good notes about who gave what.

Yay for a baby who will be dressed in Illini gear!



Marc was thrilled about the Diaper Genie.

The baby food jars lined up. Some people got 6 out of 10 correct!
It was the first Department of Statistics seminar and I think it was a great success!!
Smile: I found out today that I do not have to take any courses next semester (well, besides my independent study dissertation course)! Yay for a semester where I can really focus on my writing and my future!!!
Extra Smile: My hubby will be here in a few days! I am sooooo excited to see him!
No comments:
Post a Comment