Monday, October 11, 2010

The Caffeine Update

Approximately one year ago I decided to give up caffeine. One of the main reasons was that I wasn't sleeping well so I was hoping that I would sleep better if I didn't drink caffeine.

This year I have decided that I need caffeine back in my life!! :)

I'm still not sleeping well (I have a lot of trouble shutting off my brain at night) so obviously caffeine was not affecting my sleep. Also, without coffee and tea, I was running out of things to drink (I love water but will drink too much sometimes so I need alternative beverages). So I was turning to sugary unhealthy drinks like Sprite and Lemonade and I have decided that it would be much healthier for me to return to my 0 calorie tea and coffee drinking habits!! Also, last winter I found it was hard to get through the Illinois winter without my coffee so I'm excited that this winter I will be back to drinking my cup of Joe. A final reason, dumb as it may be, did I really think I could get through the process of writing my dissertation without caffeine?!! I was pretty worried about that!

(Please note: I have no doubt I could have stayed off of the caffeine, but I like to justify things so the above are my justifications. I do not necessarily need to justify my return to caffeine, but for some reason I always feel a need to justify things - like purchases, I must always have justifications for purchasing clothes, etc.)

Let's just say, my pumpkin spice latte this morning tasted incredibly delicious!!! And I bought some Starbucks coffee yesterday (Karen, you sure you don't want to work part time at Starbucks?! I could use free coffee again!!) and I cannot wait to make some at home tomorrow while holding my online office hours!!

Hello caffeine! Welcome back!!
Smile: Yay for a week with my hubby!!
Frown: Boo for having to be in class (I may or may not be in class right now!) instead of spending the day at home celebrating his birthday with him!!

No comments: