Monday, June 28, 2010

The Case of the Mondays

Today I definitely had a Case of the Mondays - that kind of started on Saturday...

  • Most of my early research paper is literature review-based or it's a description of the process I went through to write my final exam this semester. One small section of this paper (which only goes up to the giving the test part - nothing further so no test analysis part) is about interrater reliability, in other words, did my professors agree with the hierarchies that I made when I broke down the entire semester's set of lessons into small sets of skills. Anyway, turns out, I left all of that paperwork in Champaign!! So upsetting! I scanned EVERYTHING (well, I guess now it wasn't everything) just in case I would need it while I was in NJ (I scanned the scantrons, articles, pages from books...). So now my paper just has stupid parts in it that say stuff like "Put data here" and "Put summary of data here". In the words of Hermione Granger (I think it was her?) "What an idiot!"
  • Went to Starbucks to see if they had a stainless steel mug for my coworker and I was going to save my money and use a gift card (from my carpooler Katherine - isn't she sweet?!!!) and I accidentally whipped out my debit card instead. Oops!
  • Since I got to work before 7:30 today, which means I ate breakfast at like 7, I was hungry by about 10 for a mid-morning snack. I went to the cafeteria to get a decaf iced coffee (I make my own version of it - more on this later this week...) and totally forgot my cup (it's not the same without my cup!) so I just bought a Ginger Ale instead. May not sound like a big deal, but at the time, it kind of was.
  • When I was checking out at the cafeteria, (I also bought a muffin) I gave the super nice cafeteria lady a $10 bill and then her register said something like $7.83 and I was like, "Whoa! How much was my stuff?!" so she opened the register read the receipt and said about "$1 and $2" and I was sooooo confused why it said $7.83... then I looked down and saw that's what she was giving me for change. Yup, I'm an idiot! My coworker was with me and when we were leaving she said "Don't worry! Just blame it on a case of the Mondays!" I think I will!!!
Since I got to work early today, I left early (well, super early but I'll make up the hours this week), got my oil changed, and went home and attempted to start working on my paper.... but I took an hour and a half long nap instead. Hopefully I can still sleep tonight, but at least now I think I'm more awake for writing! Perhaps this paper will get written in time for Karen's wedding?!

Smile: Yay for getting my oil changed!

Frown: Boo for being exhausted due to the stupid heat! Is it winter yet?????

No comments: