Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Awesome Redheads

Let me preface this by saying that I am enjoying my internship this summer and I'm enjoying my time in Princeton. I'm meeting some fabulous people, interns and non-interns, and I'm getting the chance to work on a very interesting project.... With that said, some days are definitely better than others! I miss Texas (okay, let's be honest, I miss one particular person in Texas!!), sometimes I miss the normalcy of my life in Champaign, and I miss not having a roommate (my roommate here is nice, but it's not the same).

Most likely this nostalgia is being brought on by the fact that I'm trying to write a paper for my research for my internship (while still trying to wrap my head around what the paper is about!), I'm trying to write my paper for my own research (first paper of several and first of several steps that need to be taken in order for me to graduate next year), and overall I'm just kind of feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the reading and writing that is going on in my life right now (and sadly, none of the reading is fiction - nor has it been for quite awhile so this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise I guess).

While doing all this writing, I've also been trying to negotiate a deal to publish the workbook I wrote for my stats course - I don't want to go into too much detail on this blog about this (because who knows who's reading this?!) but I'll just say that so far all I can say is ..... This growing up stuff stinks!! I don't like negotiating or having back and forth conversations about money and minor (okay, major) details. Several times over the past couple weeks I have definitely muttered the phrases "I quit!" and "I'm done!"

Through this craziness, some people have been absolutely wonderful!!!!

First, of course, is Bobby!!! He has been soooo patient with my constant conversations (and vent sessions) with him about my writing and about the publishing drama. I love that he has my back and is definitely looking out for my best interest and won't let me put up with anything less than what I deserve. Thank you, babe!!!

I stole this picture from his uncle Tracy (in the middle, he just posted it on Facebook). I know he's not looking at the camera, but I just think Bobby is soooooo adorable here (but perhaps I'm biased?!) :)

Secondly, my redhead bubble buddy (who I miss desperately and I need to see her again sooner rather than later!!), Elaine! I have been bombarding her with emails and have been using her awesome lawyer skills to my advantage! Hopefully she doesn't think I'm abusing her friendship! She has been such a tremendous help through this and has made me feel much more comfortable the process (or at least part of the process - still not a fan of the entire ordeal!). Thanks, Elaine!!!

I stole this picture from Brian's facebook page (I know, I know, I'm a facebook photo theif!) - but isn't this an awesome picture of the two of them?!!!!


Thanks to everyone else, too (i.e. my family, friends, and fellow interns)!!

Smile: I actually have already written about 10 pages of my personal paper and am close to the point where I can sit down and write a few more pages so yay for progress!! Hopefully I will be able to keep up the good work!

No comments: