Sunday, June 27, 2010

The HOOOOOOT Day

Today I was hired out as an NYC tour guide - really, my iphone was hired out. This meant I had the privilege of showing Nele, her husband, Andy, and her sister, Tara, around NYC.

On the Staten Island Ferry (to be fair, first we went to Starbucks - Tara's first time - to get breakfast to eat on the ferry).







Then we walked to Wall Street and along the way we passed this beautiful buildings - the Customs House? That's at least what the building says.


Nele and Tara wanted a picture with the bull.


Trinity church - I just think this church is soooo pretty!


Ground Zero - looks a lot different from when we lived in NYC.


I thought this building was beautiful, but I have no idea what it is.


Resting in the park before heading to the Brooklyn Bridge.


Nele and Tara wanted to cool off before continuing on our journey.


I believe this is city hall.


Pace University - this is where we stayed for our NYC Prestonwood Mission Trip.


This is about as far as we walked before we decided we were done - to be fair, it was noon and we were HOT!!!



A crazy but cool looking building near the Brooklyn Bridge.



After the Brooklyn Bridge, we took the subway to John's Pizzeria in Times Square. It was delicious - I just wish it had been cooler in the restaurant so we could have gotten a chance to really cool off!


Grand Central


Tourists! :)


This is where Bobby and I used to eat when we were craving Mexican food or when I needed a study break. Wish he was in NYC with me!!


The backside of the public library (the Gay Pride Parade was on 5th today so we couldn't see the front of the building).


This bridge and groom (and some bridesmaids) were in Bryant Park preparing to ride the carousel.


The Empire State building - we opted to not pay to go up so we just went inside.


The Flatiron Building.


Near the Flatiron Building we noticed that on top of a lot of the buildings were these statues of men. Quite random but very interesting!


Yay for Project Runway!!

I love NYC but I could have done with a breeze today. It was sooooo hot! I feel like I need to drink a gallon of water to re-hydrate myself tonight.

Also, I could have done without today being the Gay Pride Parade - it hindered our walk down 5th and then we went to Washington Square and the parade watchers were everywhere!!! Needless to say, we stayed long enough for Andy to take a picture of the arch and then we were out of there!

Smile: Yay for getting to spend another day in NYC.

Frown: Boo for Bobby not being here to enjoy the city with me. I guess that's what it means to be a grown up and have a job.

Extra Frown: Boo for having heat rash on my calves!! Like I said - it was HOOOOOOOT today!!!

No comments: