Monday, March 29, 2010

The Wonderful Break

First, here is a picture I took (I believe I took it the week before Bobby got here). This was my view on my walk home from the mall one night. Isn't it neat?!

Bobby drove up to see me a couple weeks ago. We ate some yummy food, he FILLED my freezer (to the point that I can't get anything else in there!) and my pantry, we walked around the mall a couple times, and we saw a funny movie. Although I also had to spend time studying for a midterm, it was a great few days in Champaign!!


On Wednesday night we drove down to St. Louis to spend a few days with my dad.


On Thursday we decided to play golf. It was a beautiful day to play! It might have been a better day to ride instead of walk, though, because it was a hilly course! Thursday night we ate dinner at the country club and Bobby and I had a delicious bison burger! Yummo! (I had been craving a hamburger for a couple weeks so it was especially satisfying to fulfill this craving!) On Friday we again played golf, but this time Wendy joined us (she came in late on Thursday) and this time we definitely chose to ride! Then we went home and my dad cooked some yummy steak! We got a little sun and we had a lot of fun playing and hanging out!

While in St. Louis, Bobby and I continued playing each other in Words with Friends (we had just started while in Champaign) and we got my dad hooked on it, too! It's such a fun game!

On Saturday we left around lunchtime and headed back to Temple. We had originally planned to leave Saturday evening, but we saw the winter storm in our forecast so we decided to leave earlier in the day. We packed up the truck (Thanks to Pat and Ted for letting us borrow the truck!!) and headed to Tulsa. We knew we'd encounter some snow on the way, but The Weather Channel app said it would only be an accumulation of one inch so we weren't too worried.


Well, needless to say, there was definitely more than an inch of snow on the ground! We made a few stops along the way for gas and food and in between those stops, Bobby did an excellent job driving through the snow!! We got to Dallas at about 1 am and thought about stopping for the night in McKinney, but the hotel price was outrageous ($140 for 10 hours, no thanks!) so we pushed on. Some of the overpasses in downtown Dallas were a little treacherous - several cars were crashed or stalled - but we made it safely through and by the time we got to Waxahachie, the snow had pretty much stopped. Needless to say we were exhausted when we arrived in Temple at 4 am, so we decided to avoided conversation with Bobby's roommate (we would have had to wake him up to let us in) so we drove to Pat and Ted's house and crashed on their couches (they were out of town).

Sadly, I didn't get any snow pictures, but, this was still on the front of the truck (and on the ground), when we woke up and went out to the car at about 11 am on Sunday! Yup, we brought some snow to Temple!!


That week in Temple I spent a lot of time relaxing, a little time working, and as much time as I could spending with Bobby! We ate some yummy food - yay for TexMex!!! - and we also spent some time with family. Although I did get a little sick near the end (probably due to getting used to the Temple water - stupid me drank water at Texas Land and Cattle one night because I thought it would be better for me! Sprite from here on out in restaurants on trips!!) it was a great Spring Break week!

Frown: I miss Bobby already!

Smile: I will be back in Texas in less than two months! I do not yet know exactly when I will return, but it will for sure be in time for Jenny and Patrick's wedding on May 21st!! Can't wait!!!

No comments: