I know most people hold a grudge towards Mondays, but for me, the day to hold a grudge towards is definitely, without a doubt, Thursdays!!
I don't know what it is about Thursdays, but for some reason, they're just not usually the best days for me. I think it's simply that typically by Thursday, I've been working so hard all week to get my assignments done and to read my texts, etc., that come Thursday, I'm just utterly exhausted. (On Fridays, for some reason, I'm back to my usual self, just in case you were wondering.) Usually I spend Thursdays just biding my time and counting down the hours until I get to go home and veg in my recliner while playing computer games and watching whatever is on tv.
Today started off good enough. I did my morning swim (12 laps of kicking - I might be getting a cold so I didn't want my head underwater) and then headed to class. Halfway through class I went into my backpack to get my book out (to verify something my professor was teaching) and I noticed that the bottom of the book was wet! Soaking wet! I investigated further, and my fabulous plastic spiral folder that I use to carry papers to and from school was wet (some of the papers that weren't in the pockets were wet, too). Turns out my Sprite bottle (which was unopened) somehow leaked and got my stuff wet. Long story short, our fabulous secretary Melissa graciously offered to take apart my spiral and clean out all the parts with a clorox wipe (it wasn't just wet, it was also sticky), thankfully my computer didn't get wet, and it looks like everything else will survive. Well, hopefully. The book (which I also used at Teachers College so it has been with me awhile) may never be the same (as an anal perfectionist I do not like wrinkled pages, but I'll learn to live with it) but hopefully it will at least dry out in the next couple days so I can study from it this weekend! I guess that's what I get for putting the Sprite in the backpack instead of carrying it.
After class I was going to eat my leftover breakfast panini that I got at Panera Bread yesterday. But guess who was an idiot yesterday and put the panini in her desk instead of in the fridge? Yup! Me! Sadly, I had to let the trash can eat my panini.
The rest of the day didn't go much better. Without going into too much detail, I'll just say that I went through a range of emotions - from an extreme high to quite a low - as a result of some meetings that did not go as well as I had hoped. By the end of the day I think everything was all worked out, but it was definitely a long day!
Smile: I love that I'm still in school and can leave at 3:30 when it's been a day and I just need to go home!
Frown: I haven't even started grading my tests yet. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!
1 comment:
No fun! In law school one of my travel coffee mugs leaked in my bag and ruined my books on the first day of class. I hated using the wrinkled book (maybe because it was bankruptcy and super boring...but I blame the wrinkles). I wish there was a way to fix it!
Post a Comment