Last night, while watching tv shows, I noticed that the lower right side of my face (kind of like cheek and jaw area) was getting kind of numb. It wasn't like I couldn't talk or anything, it was just kind of numb. I put a heating pad on my shoulders (I wasn't sure if I should put it directly on my face?) just in case the numbness was a result of knots in my shoulders (it has been a stressful week and I'll admit, I tend to carry my stress in my shoulders/uppper back).
Today I woke up and the numbness was still present. I wasn't going to do anything about it (even though it was kind of scaring me) but it was still number after I taught and after I went to class, so I finally decided to suck it up and head to the campus medical center.
I was worried the doctor would tell me it was no big deal (and then I'd feel stupid), but the doctor said she was quite perplexed! (Sidenote: There's a "bump" that has been on the right side behind my jaw, lymph nodes area, for the past month or so. When I went to the dentist he didn't even feel it so I assumed it was no big deal.) Well, my doctor this morning thinks the bump is on my lymph nodes and might also be pushing some nerve cells. So hopefully the antibiotics she put me on will make the bump go away and my face will be back to normal in the next couple weeks! So let's just hope this is all it is!!!
I just can't believe my face is numb! Crazy!
Smile: It's Friday! Erin's friend is in town and we're going to eat a late lunch at a Mexican restaurant. It's no Tex Mex, but it will suffice! Yum Yum!!!
Frown: I still can't get over what happened in Ft. Hood. I know that I'm not there, but for some reason, I just can't stop thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment