Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mom's Surgery

This week I'm in HOT Seattle (today it was about 103! the hottest day EVER on record in Seattle!) helping my mom recover from the breast cancer surgery that she had today. Karen is also in town for a few days - she surprised my mom and arrived at approximately the same time as I did yesterday.

In case you're not on Facebook, my mom's surgery went well today! We won't know the pathology reports until early next week, but the surgeon said that she thinks everything went well. My mom is now home resting and catching up on Harry Potter videos (can you believe Karen and my mom have never seen the movies?!) and some tv shows.

My mom's super sweet co-workers put together an awesome basket for her!
This isn't even all of it!!!

Karen and I set up camp in the hallway of the hospital during my mom's surgery. Karen watched Harry Potter on my laptop and I checked emails, facebook, blogs, etc. on my iPhone (yay for that purchase!!).

Smile: I had a fabulous time with Bobby this weekend!!! We took each other shopping (he bought me new black Reefs to replace the ones I was supposed to throw out last year!), he bought me some groceries, and most of all we just enjoyed spending time together!!!!!! It felt really weird to leave yesterday from Champaign while he stayed there (he left today), but it is soooo nice to know that I will see him again in less than a month!!!

Frown: Did I mention it's HOT here? I think this is to make up for the cooler weather that Karen and I have been getting this summer!

1 comment:

Jen McCrady said...

so glad the surgery went well! keep us posted :)