Friday, May 15, 2009

Fun Flying

It's only 630 am and I'm already having a fun day of flying! :)

  • The very nice guy at the ticket counter put me on standby for an earlier flight from Dallas to Killeen ("standby" so I don't have to pay for the ticket change) and the earlier flight is empty so I should be able to get on! Yay for having an hour layover in Dallas instead of a three hour layover!! The trick is, depending on whether my flight arrives on time or not, I might now be running through the fabulous DFW instead of leisurely strolling! :) Oh well! If I get to see my babe a few hours earlier then it is totally worth it!!
  • There was a sweet old couple in line ahead of me in all my lines this morning. They took awhile to get all their stuff organized in the security line. The lady went through the first time, with all her jewelry on, and of course, the machine buzzed. So she took all the jewelry off. Then she went through again and something in her pocket made it buzz. So she went through a third time, and this time it didn't buzz. She then said "Yay!! I made it through!!" You'd have thought she won a million dollars or something! It was cute!! However, I don't think the businessmen that were in line behind me found the delay as amusing as I did!
  • The same old lady got through security and was then told they needed to inspect her bag. The TSA agent started pulling out aerosol cans and a bunch of other liquids. Someone forgot to tell them about the liquid rule!
I LOVE the fun that happens when you travel! :)

Update: My wish came true, I'm now getting a handful of emails from my kids who are freaking out about their C- and are upset that they didn't get the A they were told they'd get. Perhaps I was being too mean and I should have changed their grade without waiting for an email????

1 comment:

Kasey Joy said...

I don't think it's mean at all! Gotta teach those kids some tough love! Have fun in TX with the hubs!