Thursday, May 14, 2009

Test Day

As is the norm with any test, some "fun" things happened today and I'd like to take a minute to share them with you!
  • A student ran into my class five minutes late for his test this morning! He was panicked! I told him to sit down, catch his breath, and wait a second to start his test - no need to have a student pass out on my watch! Are there really teachers out there that won't let students test if they show up a little late to the test???
  • A handful of students didn't show up for my test today! I'm assuming that these stellar students think that because they have above a 97 and are eligible to not take my final, that they just wouldn't show up today and I'd exempt them! However, I specifically said in my emails that this option only worked if I had an email from them telling me this is what they wanted to do! Is that too much to ask? All I want is an email!! Obviously, an email was too hard! Well, since I don't have an email from them, they currently have a C- as their course grade. Do you think I'll get an email now???
  • A student came to my office at 1ish this afternoon after missing my final this morning. He didn't go into detail, but something happened at home last night so he rushed home, didn't have a chance to email me, so he just rushed and drove back today and immediately came to see me (he even got a speeding ticket!). I asked if he was ready, and he said yes, but he didn't have a cheat sheet and I could very much tell his mind was not on this test! He sat down for a second, put his name on the paper, and realized he wasn't ready (duh! That's why I asked him in the first place!) so he's testing tomorrow (with our fabulous secretary!). Why did he rush back so fast he got a ticket? I know some professors would be mean and not let him test, but do people think I'm that mean?? Did he think I would be super harsh???
  • Nathan, Sarah (my TA), and I managed to grade my 70 tests in approximately 3 hours! Yup, we're amazing!!!

Nathan, Erin (grading her own tests), Professor Stepanov, Stepanov's TA (grading Stepanov's tests), and Sarah (my TA). We had a blast grading tests today!! Some students are hilarious!!
  • And last, but not least, a student failed my class! I told one of my professors that I had an F in my class and he was floored!! I'm an easy professor! There's no reason to get an F in my class!!! You may be wondering, how did this student get an F? Well, he got approximately 35% on his homework average, B's and C's for his first three test grades, and a 40% on his final exam! Did he do the extra credit? Nope! Do I feel bad? Not at all!!! Is that wrong of me?!
Smile: I'm done!!! I'm done with my student duties! I'm done with my teaching duties! I'm done!

Extra Smile: I'm absolutely giddy! I can't stop smiling!! I will be back in my husband's arms in less than 24 hours!!! Yippee!!! Minor Detail - I haven't started packing yet! :)

No comments: