Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fish vs Frosh Update

In a previous post I discussed that I believe freshmen are called "fish" while some classmates of mine believe that the term is "frosh" so I posted a survey on my blog to see what you think. The results were that 5 people voted for "Fish", 1 voted for "other" and no one voted for "Frosh"! So thank you for agreeing with me!!

I looked up this discussion on Wikepedia and according to them, "frosh" is the usual term for freshman, HOWEVER, in people in Texas usually use the word "fish"!! So I'm guessing the five people that agreed with me are from Texas?! :)

Why am I not surprised that all the states use one word and Texas uses a different word?! I love the greatness of Texas and Texans and I cannot wait to be back in the state in less than a week!!!

Smile: I had absolutely nothing that I had to do today and as sad as it may sound, I loved it!! I did do a little scrapbooking, so I was a little productive, but overall, I was quite impressed with myself for having had a productive week so that today I had nothing on my to do list!!

Frown: Despite the fact that I enjoyed my freedom today, I did have a few moments of boredom where I didn't want to do anything and yet I wanted to do something! What do you do when you're bored???

1 comment:

Melissa Banks said...

You call me b/c i am always available to do something!!!