Anyway, I think my umbrella may have finally bit the dust this week! The problem is that when it rains in Champaign, it doesn't just rain, there's also an enormous wind that comes with the rain. So last week my poor little umbrella did its best, but it got a little beat up in the wind - part of it is permanently bent in a funny way (you can kind of tell in the picture because there's part that is sticking up instead of lying flat on the ground). Well, this was not a horrible problem, so I've continued using it.

Then today, when I came to school in the monsoon, I was walking back from Starbucks and I realized that my head was getting wet! I looked up, and a drop came through my umbrella and landed on my face! Yup, my umbrella has now sprung a leak! I just need the umbrella to last long enough for me to get home relatively dry tonight (well, to be honest, I just need it to last so my backpack gets home relatively dry).
Anyone have any good ideas for what umbrella I should buy next????
Smile: I will be in Texas in just a couple days!!!
Extra Smile: In addition to my TA, some of my classmates have volunteered to help me grade my tests tomorrow! I usually like to grade alone, but this time, I have to grade approximately 90 tests tomorrow afternoon so that I can post the grades before I leave Friday morning! So yay for very nice classmates!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you should buy another UMHB umbrella when you are home next week!!
Post a Comment