One of my students has been making the case that since he has an A+ in my course right now he should be allowed to choose to not take the final and still get an A. Well, after some debating with him and after talking to my classmates, I decided to give this option to any of my students who have an A+ (if they have above a 97, they can choose not to take the final and they'll get an A in my class).
I sent out a mass email to my kids with this information and with other final exam information. I then switched over to check Google Reader and Facebook and was "away" from my email for maybe a minute (no new blogs to read) and when I came back to my email what did I find? At least 5 emails from kids who wanted to take this option!! Yup, I think they were excited!
Oh, and in case you're wondering, the emails are still coming! I guess that just means the idea was a hit, right??
Smile: Allowing kids to not take the final helps me out, too!! I have 100+ kids who have an A+ so that means 100+ less tests that I might have to grade!! Yippee!!!
Extra Smile: The rough draft of my final exam has been written!!! Now I just have to find someone to read it and make sure I don't have any mistakes! Next up: Practice Final!
1 comment:
I think the fact that you have 100+ kids with an A+ says two differing things: 1. your a good teacher and 2. your test might be too easy! Love ya! ;)
Post a Comment