Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recognized

I go to Starbucks somewhat regularly (okay, sadly, it's almost daily) so I've kind of thought for awhile now that the baristas recognize me but since it's not always the same barista, I figured it would be awhile until they "knew" me. Well... it happened! Yesterday morning (and this morning, too) I walked into Starbucks and the barista said "The usual?" It was great!! I felt very special!!
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I will usually ride the bus from my office to class. It's a short bus ride and that bus is sometimes crowded so I never figured the bus driver would remember me. However, after getting my coffee yesterday, I was walking down the sidewalk to my office and I looked up and the bus driver saw me and waved at me! Again, it may sound silly, but I felt special!

Smile: The crazy weather has left. We still have some rain, but at least the wind is 50+ mph and there's no hail!

Frown: The geese were standing in my path this morning in my apartment parking lot! So I had to go out of my way to walk around them and then they stared at me the whole time! Not fun! Stupid geese!

3 comments:

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Awww, I love being recognized at Starbucks too! It just makes you feel more safe and welcomed.

Elaine said...

YAY!! I remember the day my baristas in Williamsburg finally remembered me. Its a good feeling!

And I love the new header!! Super cute!

Jen McCrady said...

i just LOVE being a "regular" at starbucks :) the baristas are extra nice!