Saturday, February 07, 2009

My Wonderful IPHONE

Bobby bought me an iphone this past Christmas (I needed a new phone so he wonderfully suggested I get an iphone). I'm still learning how to use it, but I love it! And during this past week there were a couple times that I was super thrilled I had it!!

A week ago, last Friday night, I uploaded pictures to WalMart.com so that I could print them and swap out the pictures in the frames that I put up a couple weeks ago. So on Saturday morning I went to WalMart to get some groceries and get these photos. The lady at WalMart then politely told me that she couldn't find my pictures anywhere! So I pulled out my iphone, got online, checked my email, and was able to pull up my order number and give it to her! Yay for my iphone. Follow-up: My order number was registered with 150 circus pictures (that were obviously not mine) and my 12 pictures were still nowhere to be found, but at least I was able to make an attempt!

This week I felt awful! It's not so much that I was down and out sick, instead, my body missed getting an all-out cold and went straight to the phase of having a horrible time breathing! I missed the sickness but ended up with the horrible side effects - my asthma this week was awful!! So on Tuesday I finally decided I'd had enough so I went to the campus clinic/doctor. (Sidenote: I haven't liked any of the doctors I've encountered at this clinic, yet, however, on this day, Dr. Smith was FABULOUS!! So yay for finally finding a good one!) After finishing my appointment, I pulled out my phone and was able to look up when the next bus was coming so that I didn't have to stand out in the 5 degree weather longer than was necessary! It was great!! Follow-Up: I am happy to say that I am now starting to feel much better! I'm still not great, I'm still not breathing fabulously, but I'm definitely better! I was able to make it through a 20 minute workout DVD today (well, I almost made it through the entire thing) and I'm hopeful that tomorrow I'll be able to walk around the mall for a little while. So yay for finally feeling better!! And extra yay for the iphone!!


Story from the Bus:
This week, on multiple occasions, I found myself getting frustrated with some of the people on the bus! The first little area on the bus is for senior citizens, strollers, wheelchairs, etc., or basically anybody that needs extra space and/or needs a seat! So why is it when a mom got on with a stroller and a friend of hers got on carrying her own baby that NO ONE in these ten front seats got up?! NO ONE!! Also, why is that when a woman hobbled onto the bus, a guy nicely got up to let her have the seat, but before she could sit down, another man (a young man if I do say so myself) sat down in the seat so she was forced to remain standing! SERIOUSLY?!! What is with people these days?!!! I realize even younger people have long days and sometimes need to have a seat, but seriously, be nice to others!! Also, as a result of not letting the lady with the stroller sit down, it meant that she took up the entire little aisle by the bus driver so that every one who got on the bus had to essentially crawl over the stroller to get to their spot further back on the bus! Wouldn't it have just been easier for a person to get up?! I guess that's just too much to ask!!

1 comment:

Jen McCrady said...

hey girl :) thanks for the sweet comment about fred... i appreciate it!