This Friday we said Good-bye to our office manager Usha. Since I've been here we've had four secretaries (hopefully this secretary will stay for awhile - she's great!) but through it all we've always had the same office manager. In fact, she's been with the department for over 15 years!! She's wonderful! She knows all! And she is incredibly helpful!! Our department definitely will not be the same without her!!
In honor of her leaving we had a little pizza party. It was also her husband's 60th birthday, so we also got to eat some delicious cake.

Erin and Dave

Professor Stout (my main advisor) with Usha's husband

Na, Jing, and Clara

Isn't that a lot of pizza?!!

Standing around waiting for Usha to take the first slice.

Some students with Dr. Simpson (head of department) and Usha.

Some of the faculty with Usha's husband
(yes, we do have female faculty members, they just happened to not be in the picture)

After eating pizza we gathered and listened to some speeches.

Professor Simpson, Usha's husband, and Usha
(notice Usha and her husband match - he did it on purpose. Isn't that cute?!)

After Professor Simpson said thanks to Usha, and Usha thanked every one, Usha's husband gave a little speech and told a little story (by the way - Usha's daughter-in-law is standing next to her and her son is to the right of the photo).

Usha's husband cutting his cake
(can you see he first cut in the middle? We thought he was going to cut himself "a slice" of half the cake!)

Usha and Melissa (our secretary) cut the rest of the cake.

Erin and I (back in our office after the party).
Smile: So far this semester has been A LOT better than last semester! Yay for being able to relax!
Frown: I feel awful today!! My throat is killing me and I just don't feel like doing anything but sitting and watching TV (which means so much for getting back into working out today!).
1 comment:
this is random, but the first thing I noticed in the last picture of you is that your eye looks normal :) (I mean this in an good way but don't know if I am phrasing it as such)
Post a Comment