Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ode to my Reefs

Several years ago, I want to say midway through high school, Elaine introduced me to Reefs! My first pair was a wonderful, casual, black pair! They may not be the fanciest things around, but I always looked forward to wearing them after a long day on the golf course and they're still my go to shoe for my quick trips to Meijer and WalMart. Or at least, they were my go to pair.


Last summer, something began poking out the bottom of my left foot flip flop. No big deal, but now my shoes sometimes catch on carpet (as if I need another reason to be clutzy). I told Bobby I'd throw them out, but I keep telling myself that they're still okay to wear, and it's no big deal, so I've kept them.

Then a week or so ago, I wore them to school (it was a day I wasn't teaching and I was definitely bumming in my athletic capris and a t-shirt, in case you were wondering) and they felt almost a little uncomfortable! After closer inspection, I noticed it was because part of the fabric between the toes on the left flip flop is coming out (it's hard to see in the picture since it's black fabric on black flip flops, but it's there)!

Now I feel like I really must throw them out, but I just cannot bring myself to do it!!

Oh, and in case you feel sorry for me (which you are more than willing to feel!), don't worry, I still have about eight or nine pairs (or ten?), and one of them is a nice black pair! :)

Smile: The weather is still in the 80s here in the afternoon (50s when I leave in the morning, but oh well), so guess what shoes I'm wearing this week? Reefs, of course!

Extra Smile: My dad is coming to visit later this week! Yay for some golf (weather permitting) and some yummy food!!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh, tear. That makes me sad. I still have my original pair too, even though I don't wear them anymore. I unpacked them the other day and thought about whether I should keep them. I decided to just stuff them in the back of the closet...just in case.

karen said...

that same thing happened to my original pair (the black ones i bought in plano!)

i did throw them away, cause it completely detached, but i immediately ordered new ones :)