Today is my first Math test of the semester. Yes, you read that right. I'm required to take one specific course from the math department (Real Analysis, if you were wondering) and I am taking it this semester. And today is my first test.
And I have no idea what to expect! I get a two-sided 8.5" by 11" cheat sheet (which, let me tell you, I should go into business making those cheat sheets - mine's a beauty if I do say so myself). As helpful as this cheat sheet may be, the fact that I get to use one makes me nervous because it means the professor can now make the test that much harder! Yikes!!
In other news, I'm also giving my first Stat 100 test of the semester this week, on Wednesday to be exact! I'm nervous for two reasons:
1. I really hope my kids do well!!!
2. This is the first time I've given a test to this many students (I have 160) and I'm already a little nervous about the details... How do I pass out 160 tests quickly and efficiently (and yet, still somewhat maintaining the ordering of the versions of the tests so that neighboring students don't get the same version)? How do I check all the IDs when 50 students turn in the test at the same time?
Since I did not attend a big university, this is honestly my first time in a testing scenario with such a large group of people. Any one out there have any advice???
Smile: I was able to get several study hours in this weekend at the yummy Panera Bread - I love their hazelnut coffee!!
Frown: Do you know how long it takes to make 300 copies of a 10 page (front and back) test? (I made 300 because I made them for myself and two other Stat 100 teachers, in case you were wondering.) That's right, it takes about two hours to copy and organize 300 tests!
1 comment:
hey :) ryan will be working with kristin lewis' new husband alan at his car dealership. he's really liking it so far!
Post a Comment