Friday, February 01, 2008

It's Off to School I Go

I was told that U of I never shuts down and now I totally believe it! I believe every single school in the area is closed, even the U of I campus in Springfield is closed, but don't worry, my U of I campus is in full swing this morning!! Why would it close? Oh, perhaps because there's at least 6 inches of snow out there (and it's still snowing - yippee!), perhaps because all the news channels are saying "Stay inside unless you absolutely have to get out!", or perhaps because it's windy - as usual - and so it's not only snowing, it's also blowing! Okay, venting is over. I really do love this weather, I was just secretly looking forward to a morning off!

Smile: Hello - this weather is absolutely gorgeous!!

Frown: This week, Wednesday, I learned the importance of having a little tool called a "lock de-ice" and I will be buying this product over the weekend. What does it do you may ask? Why it gets all the ice out of your lock so that you can put your key in and lock your apartment (or car). Yes, it definitely would have come in handy, but thankfully the apartment managers were prepared!

Story from the Bus:
I think it is so cute when kids are soooo bundled up in snow gear that they can barely move!! The moms have to readjust them on the seat and they just kind of sit there and look straight ahead because they can't move!! Adorable!!!

No comments: