1. Although I have yet to attend a football game, I am planning on doing so next year (November 15th - Ohio State vs. U of I), it is quite exciting that my team is going to the Rose Bowl this year!!! Perhaps I should get some Rose Bowl attire as a Christmas gift to myself!! I will say, though, that it is a little weird that I got to school with people who will be playing in a bowl game, an weirder yet is the fact that I could be teaching some of them! Yikes!!
2. The professors here are so nice and approachable - even if it's not their office hours, if their door is open it means "Feel free to come in and ask a question". So, needless to say, I've already been to see one professor each day this week to figure out what I'm doing wrong on my take home exam!
3. What is the best reason for living in the north?! Snow!!! Sadly I don't have any pictures yet, but it did snow a little last night - there's just a light dusting of snow on everything!! Erin took me to WalMart (she drove so I could get some heavy items that are harder to carry on the bus) and when we got out of WalMart it was snowing - just little snowflakes - for a few minutes. Then while we were studying at my apartment I had the curtains open and noticed it was snowing - larger snowflakes - for just a few more minutes! Erin was laughing at how excited I was, but what can I say?! I'm a Texan who loves snow (especially since I don't have to drive in it or shovel it)!!!!
2 comments:
No snow for me yet. It stopped just North of us so we might get rain. But I'm still hopeful!
Oh and congratulations on the teaching position next semester!! How cool!
YAY FOR SNOW! We just had like 4 days in a row of straight snowfall, I will try and get pictures!
Post a Comment