I haven't updated about Thanksgiving because I have been in a "blah" mood this week and haven't felt like there is anything exciting or interesting to report.
Bobby and I had a wonderful time last week catching up and just being together once again! We did go on a couple little dates, one of which was to see "August Rush", but the best part was simply spending time with Bobby!! I also got to hang out with the rest of his family members and Alice. Although I did not do anything too exciting, I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with family and friends. During the week I also learned that next semester I will be teaching a basic statistics course, Stat 100, to approximately 70 students!! This is my largest class yet and I cannot wait!!!
I feel like I was able to live in a fantasy for a week and now I have returned to reality! Tomorrow I get my first final, a take home final. This final is due Monday, December 10th (yes, that's in like 10 days) so finals are definitely here!! The good news? On Monday at approximately 5 my semester is over since my other two finals are from 8:30 to 11:30 and from 1:30 to 4:30 on that same Monday!!! It will be a long day, but perhaps it will be better to not have everything drag out like my midterms did!
The best part? My dad and I are driving to Texas the following Friday and then I get to spend a whole month with Bobby and our families (part of the time we'll be in Texas, and the other part we'll be in Seattle)!! I absolutely cannot wait!!!
Perhaps over Christmas I will have more exciting updates?!!
Story from the Bus: My regular bus driver has returned!! He was out for awhile so he could train new drivers and because he had back surgery, but now he is back and should be driving my morning route until Christmas break. This may not seem like a big deal, but I just feel more comfortable reading my novel (currently "Pride and Prejudice") when I'm riding with a bus driver that doesn't fly around curves or slam on the brakes to stop. Also, on Tuesday he introduced himself to me when I got on the bus, and then yesterday he said "Good morning, Julie." It just made me smile and feel good and was a great way to start my morning!
1 comment:
Aww that is soo cute about your bus driver!
Post a Comment