This week I borrowed a book from my friend Erin (the other domestic female in the PhD program - we started together and have all the same classes so needless to say, we spend a lot of time together) entitled "Me and Mr. Darcy" and it was quite fun - lighthearted and kept me entertained during my bus rides. It is definitely nice having time to read novels again - now I just need novels. Any suggestions?
The other hilight of the week? Erin and I spent all day Thursday (11am to 6pm - with a small break for lunch at McAlister's, of course) grading tests (we're TAs for two different stats courses). As mundane as grading can sometimes be, it was nice working with someone else!
Working out is going well - I may not look different, but I definitely feel better, if that counts for anything.
Since I most likely won't update until after Thanksgiving,
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
Story from the Bus: There is a stop on my route where inevitably people go from sitting by themselves to now having a seat mate. One day, a girl got on the bus and ended up sitting next to this guy. The two of them ride the bus almost every morning, and had done so for awhile, but this was the first time they ended up as seat mates. And what has happened since that day you may ask? You guessed it - every time he is on the bus, she gets on and sits next to him and they spend the next 20 minutes of the bus ride chatting away!
2 comments:
Oh I've been wanting to read that book!! You should read Mr.Darcy's Daughters and The Other Boleyn Girl. Both so good!!
Glad you get to go home in a week...the longest time away is over now!
Maybe I'll send a few goods ones with your present or we can trade/borrow over Christmas!
Post a Comment