Friday, October 26, 2007

Lessons of the Week

Whatever happened to the good ole days when students took tests and had time to double check their work? I sure miss those days!!! Nowadays I'm lucky if I finish my test within the required time length. Lesson one of the week: Learn to write faster!! On the other hand, my cheat sheet was pretty good - my professor even wants a copy (so that he knows what he has taught this semester)!

I'm so excited that fall has arrived in Champaign! This week the lows were in the 40s and the highs are in the 50s or 60s! It's perfect!!! Lesson two of the week: It sure is windy in this great city of Champaign! The downside? It sure is hard to use an umbrella when it's pouring and super windy!!

On a similar note, the short walk to the bus stop sure seems long when it's 40 degrees outside and there's a 30+ mph cold wind blowing! Lesson three of the week: Don't run late to catch the morning bus. If I'm on time, I get to catch the bus at the mall which means I can wait inside and stay out of the wind, wheras if I'm late, I catch the (same) bus at the other end of the apartment complex and stand without a shelter protecting me from the weather.

In the midst of studying, writing a cheat sheet, and working on a couple homework assignments this week, a group of us were able to take 30 minutes out of a morning, enjoy some coffee, and just hang out. It was an awesome study break helped keep my stress level in check. Lesson four of the week: Studying and cramming is definitely more fun with a good group of study buddies. Yay for making friends at a new school!!

Even though I had a busy week, I was still able to take time out for myself so that I could work out and relax. Lesson five of the week: It is okay to spend time taking care of myself! In fact, I probably had a better week because I made time for myself - I certainly felt better! And a special yay for Bobby who has been patiently waiting for me to learn this lesson!!


Story from the Bus: This week on the (city) bus a student pulled out a disposable razor and started shaving his face. Now, I've never shaved my face, but I can't imagine that it feels good to do a dry shave on a moving bus. Definitely not something one sees every day!

No comments: