Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend with Bobby

Bobby came to visit me this weekend!!! Yay!! He did some errands with me - we walked to WalMart and loaded up on heavier groceries that I hadn't been buying for awhile (i.e. I have milk now!) and then took me shopping - so that I can be better prepared for the winter weather. We bought some jeans (yay for a store called Maurice's - cute clothes that actually fit me) and a couple sweaters (all on sale - buy one get one half off) over the weekend and then today we went to the campus bookstore and found a warm reversible jacket (so I can be toasty while supporting the Fightint Illini). Now all I need is a good pair of winter boots - but since I'm still wearing flip flops to class, boots can probably wait another few weeks or so.

In other news I had my first midterm of the year last week and my other two are in two weeks. I didn't do as well as I wanted last week (but then again, do I ever) so I'm even more eager to do well on the next two - even though they are going to be awful!!! One of them is in two parts (take home and in class) and he's already said the take home is going to be impossible - which won't take much since the homework is definitely on that level as well! Yikes!! All this to say if you don't hear from me for a couple weeks, it's because I'm studying, working on homework assignments (I have another huge assignment due who knows when) , or working out to relieve some test anxiety (my goal is to not get sick for the tests like I usually do - it worked last week, so hopefully I'll continue to stay healthy). The good news? I have a great group of friends with whom I can do homework assignments and study so a huge yay for that!! I definitely cannot wait for my week off at Thanksgiving!! Happy Birthday to me!!!

Smile: Yay for "cool" weather - perfect for jeans, a light sweater, and flip flops.

Frown: The online course I "teach" ends the same week as my midterms - isn't that great timing?!!!

No comments: