Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Day in My Life

Now that we all know where I live, I thought you might like an insight into my daily life (if not - well, perhaps you'll at least enjoy the pictures).


Every day I head to the bus stop and take the 7:30 bus to school. These are views from the mall parking lot to the last row of apartments in my complex (mine are the row behind them) and my bus stop - the main entrance of the Market Place Mall. After arriving at school 40 or so minutes later, I drop off my lunch at my desk, walk outside and call Bobby to say good morning, pick up a copy of Daily Illini (campus newspaper - which I take home for spider ammo) and wait for class to begin. This is Altgeld Hall, the mathematics building, where I sometimes (MWF) have morning classes. It used to be a church, thus the bell tower, and is one of few buildings on campus that is not red brick. (On TTh I have morning classes in a different building, but it was surrounded by trees and wasn't showing up in pictures, so oh well.) After class I had back to my desk in the Statistics building, Illini Hall. This is the room where a handful of us PhD candidates have desks, mine is the one under the chalkboard. In case you're wondering, yes, these desks are nowhere near new, but that's okay, we appreciate their character. Also, I currently am "borrowing" my friend's chair because it has more support and most importantly, she didn't mind swapping. After studying and eating lunch at my desk, I either have office hours in the afternoon (TTh) in a computer lab down the hall, or I have class (MWF). After class, I have an hour to wait until office hours (or on Friday, I immediately head to the bus stop to go home) so I typically walk around campus for an hour. The Illini Union (main building on campus) has seating outside and is next to Altgeld Hall (which is why you can see the bell tower) and on the other end of the quad from the Union is an auditorium, which I'm not in but I like the building so you get a bonus picture.

Well I guess that just about finishes the tour. I hope you enjoyed the pictures!


Smile: I'm absolutely loving the weather! It's cool in the morning when I head to the bus - cool enough for a sweatshirt or something, but warm enough that I still get to wear flip flops!! :)


Frown: First test in t-minus eleven days - yikes!!

1 comment:

Jen McCrady said...

I like this "day in the life of me" blog... I may have to steal this idea! :) Also, I'm adding you to my blog list because I stalk your blog sometimes! Hope all is well!

Also, what is your mom & dad's address? I asked Karen for it, but I have yet to hear back!