This is the view when you walk in the front door (and talk a sharp turn right - if you walk straight from the door you walk into a wall). This is my living room, my kitchen is in the distance, and the bedrooms are off to the right. The door you see (just past the ottoman) is the closet that holds my washer and dryer - I love having these in my apartment!!
Here is a better view of the living room (from the kitchen - the front door is next to that narrow window). 
That door is a hall closet - it's deep! Then below the TV you may notice that it is an electric fireplace - the light switch is on the wall to the left. That might come in handy this winter!!!
This is a close-up of the kitchen. The island/kitchen table is typically used for studying - notice some of my books are there ready to be opened. The sink is around to the right (kind of hiding). I love this kitchen - much better than the one we had in New York! :)
A different view of the kitchen. The first door on the left is the pantry, and the second door is the half-bath. That's right, there's a bathroom in the kitchen! It has a bigger sink area than the full bath (there are actually drawers in this bathroom), so I typically get ready in this bathroom in the morning - it's nice and handy because I can cook oatmeal and get ready all at once! I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but these doors are handicap doors (just in case you were wondering).
Now let's walk down the hall to the bedrooms.
This is the bathroom, my bedroom is to the left, and the guestroom/workroom is off to the right. Here is part of my bedroom.
The closet is to the left.
And finally, here's the other bedroom. The desk furthest away is technically our kitchen table - but when we moved in we realized one was already provided in the kitchen so I'm using it as a work area (but the two chairs in the kitchen do belong to this table). My official desk is the first thing in the room. I haven't used it too much yet, but as midterms steadily approach I assume Ill be using it more often. There is also a closet in this room to the right.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the grand tour. Feel free to stop by whenever you're in the area (Chicago's only a couple hours away)!!
Smile: The weather here is wonderful! Sunny, 80s, cool breeze - perfect for walking to Starbucks to study (it's a nice little 20 minute walk)!
Frown: After one full week of class I'm feeling overwhelmed - yikes!
3 comments:
my goodness you have a TON of space!! I bet its nice to spread out in this place compared to your last two living spaces ( : Hope we can come visit sometime!
This is a good size apartment! It also inspires me to finally put up pictures of our place! FYI, I finally update my blog!
that new kitchen might just equal the size of the entire hall/kitchen/living room/dining room in new york :)
Post a Comment