This is my daily dilemma. After dropping off my mom in law at work somewhere between 6:15 and 6:30, I head over to Temple High School. Now, unless the soccer team is practicing and the coach has left one of the doors propped open for the players, the custodian doesn't open the doors until around 7:00 (give or take ten minutes). That means I have approximately half an hour to kill every morning. I'm not one to miss an opportunity to be productive, but I'm also not a fan of getting my stuff out, working for a few minutes, and then putting it all away. So instead, I choose to spend that time getting my breakfast! I am on a Starbucks budget from Bobby, so if it's a morning I don't want to pay anything or I think I'll need a Latte or a Frapp then I head to Starbucks. If it's a morning where I think I'm going to need a coke for the day and perhaps I'm craving a Chicken Burrito - then Chick-Fil-A it is! However, there are some mornings when I could honestly go either way and be happy - and on these mornings my entire drive from UMHB to Temple is spend pondering the decision I'm about to make!! A couple weeks ago, the lady in the drive through window (who is incredibly nice and cheerful for it being 6:30 am and them just opening) told me about the breakfast card - buy six breakfast entrees and get the seventh free. So this past Thursday was my sixth breakfast entree, and the other lady at the window said - "The next breakfast is free, good for you. Have a nice day, I'll see you tomorrow!" She may not know my name, but I believe those Chick-Fil-A ladies definitely know my face!! So for those of you with baristas that know you, I know totally understand the feeling!!!
Smile - I lost a student in my seventh period, because he was being dumb and now might be headed to juvenille detention, and he was the most talkative and loudest, and I lost another student who was loud and talkative because she got in a fight and is headed for the alternative high school... all this to say, my seventh period is starting to get better!!!! Yay!!!!!!
Extra Smile - It's Spring Break!!! Minor detail - I have SOOOO much catching up on grading and lesson plans and setting up the online class, but at least I have a week to do it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment