Last Tuesday I had surgery to remove a melanoma spot above my left eye. The surgery took under an hour and they were able to stretch the skin around my eye to cover the spot so no skin grapht was necessary. Since Tuesday I have camped out in my recliner and have been watching fun TV shows and movies in between naps. Bobby and his mom have been wonderful and are taking great care of me! Bobby has to clean the area and put ointment on it everyday - Bobby does it so that I don't have to see it (I still haven't seen what it looks like) and so that I don't have to worry about doing it myself. According to them, the area is healing well and is looking good, so yay for a speedy recovery!
Yesterday Patrick and my mom-in-law accompanied me to the high school so I could pick up the assignments my students have been working on. While at the school I learned that I have a new student in my seventh period and the student is one that refuses to listen to authority and won't do what she's asked - should fit in well with that already difficult to manage class. Tuesday should be a fun day back at school! :)
Smile: Yay for a four day weekend - well, seven days if you count the time I've had off for surgery.
Extra Smile: I'm having a lot of fun catching up on movies I haven't seen and TV shows I rarely get to watch, and doing my best to not feel guilty about not being uber productive!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're recovering well!! I hope your students treat you well when you head back tomorrow!!
Post a Comment