My weekend of grading and working on PhD applications is over!! The papers are graded (now I'm just getting emails complaining about my grading - oh well) and the applications are mailed (yippee!!). Now we're focused on packing up the apartment (three boxes have already been mailed - yay us) and I'm working on final papers, take home finals, and studying for final exams. We were in the FedEx place Friday night mailing off half of the applications and then went back last night for the three boxes and the guy recognized us - he must not get two redheads very often. He is soooo nice and helpful and hopefully he'll be there the rest of the week when we go in because the other two ladies that work there are not as nice (they're always on the phone and they make me feel like I'm wasting their time or something).
We've decided we're going to spend our last night in the city going down to Rockefeller to see the tree - and maybe just walk around for awhile after my two o'clock final. It's going to be sad - but I can't think of a better way to spend our last night here!!!
Smile: Yay for an online Seattle radio station that plays Christmas music all day and all night - it was been a joy to listen to throughout my crazy weekend and it will probably be wonderful through finals as well... the only thing better would be my Christmas CDs, maybe I'll find them and take them with me wherever I am for Christmas next year.
Extra Smile: Two professors are taking me out to eat over the next week (me and the other TAs and then me and the other people in the research group) - so yay for free yummy food!!
No comments:
Post a Comment