Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Smart Laptop

So I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing - I love my computer too much to think it's the fault of the computer - but my smart computer has figured out when I'm busy taking finals and when I'm working on a very important paper, because it chooses these moments to lose documents!!! Yesterday, after working for five hours on a group paper - I'm in charge of the introduction, conclusion, and putting all the parts together into one cohesive unit - I closed the file and then reopened it to make a slight change and the file would no longer open! Word claims the path name isn't valid and it refuses to open that file - or the other two files under different names where I saved the file! Not a problem, right? Just open it as a text file in WordPad - however, wordpad read my "track changes" as deletes and deleted all but 3 pages of my 15 page paper! After having a brief panic attack, I put my computer on time out and used Bobby's computer to see if his was any nicer - and yay! It was!!! His computer opened the file as is without any problems!!! The only other times my computer has done this - last Spring during finals while working on 11 essays and earlier this year when working on a huge paper!!! Definitely a smart laptop!!

Smile: In a little over 24 hours - my job as a tutor is complete!!! I'm taking and Tuesday for myself and not tutoring after 9 pm tomorrow night!!!

Frown: My parents and other family members are without power for a few days in the Seattle area thanks to fallen trees (extra frown for the big beautiful trees having fallen over and been uprooted on the golf course)!

No comments: