My dad came to visit for a few days for my birthday (okay, it wasn't for my bday, it was on my bday for a business trip) and took us on a very fun boat trip around Manhattan Island and to some yummy restaurants! Below is a picture of Southern Manhattan and in it is my favorite building in the city - I think it's a church (it's the little red brick building). I just love that it's there and all the buildings were built around it!!

For Thanksgiving my friend Mary and I decided we were going to watch the parade. So we dressed up in our sweaters and jackets and scarves and brought our umbrellas and headed down to 75th. We wanted to stand on the sidewalk, however, it wasn't open when we got there, so instead we joined the crowd and waited for it to be opened shortly before the start of the parade. Meanwhile, people were trying to squeeze through and being extra pushy (despite the fact that there was nowhere to go) and we were getting soaking wet! The wind was awful so umbrellas were practically useless! After waiting for probably 20 to 30 minutes and no longer having a single dry spot on our body, and the parade hadn't even started yet, we decided that we didn't need to get sick before finals and left! Oh well, it's the thought that counts!
Bobby and I are now busy getting ready for our move back to Texas - yay!!! My professor that I do research for is having trouble getting used to the fact that I'm leaving in a few weeks, so she has decided to make the most of my time while I'm here and give me some research projects (fun, but it keeps me uber busy), so between that and all my tests and homework assignments, and tutoring and working as a TA answering countless emails, and completing my PhD applications (FYI - the statement of purpose has been finished!!! yay!!), I've been a little on the busy side!! Bobby has been wonderful and is keeping the house clean so that I can be productive and stay sane!! These next few weeks are going to be super busy, and a little sad - I'm going to miss this place - but I'm sure they're going to fly by, which is fine because I'm ready for this semester to come to an end and to be back home in Texas!!
Smile: Yay we're not driving to Texas - what a stress reliever!! :)
Frown: All I wanted this semester was to see snow before we move - and what happens?! Every one else is getting snow!!!! Hopefully that cold front will not lose the snow before it gets to us!!!
Extra Frown: Boo for it still being in the sixties here - I'm ready for it to be colder so we can turn the fans off and my allergies can get a break!
1 comment:
so how did the "storm" hit you guys? did you get the cold and snow that you were hoping for?
Post a Comment