Today at 1pm my second year of graduate school began. It was a fun class and it was a new teacher, so all in all it was a great start to what will hopefully be a great year. Hopefully my career at Teachers College will end with a bang.
In other news, I'm still studying for my GRE Tests and working on my applications. I told my teachers I would not be returning next semester but would instead try to pursue a Ph.D. at another university and fortunately they were all supportive and eager to help. I am also a TA for both a statistics course (the same one that I was a TA for this past summer) and a Regression course - in other words, although I'm only taking four classes this semester there will hardly be a dull or boring moment.
This past weekend I volunteered with New Student Orientation. Friday I checked in students and helped them find their way around the buildings. Saturday I participated in "Tips and Chips" which means I met with some new Math Ed students and gave them some (hopefully unbiased) pieces of advice and guidance. Then on Sunday I was asked to participate in the TC version of Amazing Race. Basically, I was in charge of making sure the five new students I was assigned did not get lost while I gave them clues and we travelled around the city collecting free items. We did not win the race for speed, but our team name of Tough Cookies won us $50 to Kitchenette (we're going to meet for dessert, and sadly I'm not even sure if $50 will cover everything). I was not too thrilled about doing this event, but I met some great people and had fun. I sometimes forget that I'm in NYC and this event was a great reminder.
Smile: Yay for being back in school and reuniting with friends.
Frown: The heat and humidity is returning to the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment