Summer school did not end on a good note, but at least it's over! No more class until the week after Labor Day!!!
After class on Thursday I relaxed for a little while and then we got busy packing and getting ready to leave. I was a little worried about not being able to stay up for the flight after not getting much sleep all week, but my adrenaline kicked in and I was fine! Bobby and I waited at the bus stop for half an hour, until a nice bus driver (from a different bus) stopped and told us that our bus wouldn't come until after four (the plane left at 5:45 so that was not going to work) so we hailed a cab. Once at the airport, we waited for a little while for the attendants to show up, then checked in and waited for security to open at 4:30. Thanksfully Au Bon Pain opened at 4 so we were able to eat some good breakfast and sit somewhere while waiting on security. Once aboard the plane, I honestly don't think it was more than five minutes until I fell asleep! It wasn't the greatest sleep, but it was sleep (sadly because I was sleeping on Bobby's shoulder, he was unable to sleep). Then we arrived in Austin and headed straight towards McAlister's in Belton!!! It was delicious!! Last night we ate at Bush's Chicken and bought some BlueBell ice cream - yay for BlueBell!! It has been great being home and seeing family!! It is also great to be on a real vacation and not have to think too much about school!! Yay for Texas!!
Some interesting items happened during our travels:
1. The couple in front of us when checking in definitely did not speak a word of English! They watched us as we went through the computer check-in but still weren't sure what to do themselves. The attendent then started them on the computer and typed in their code or whatever, however, she started them and had them using the English version!!! I was shocked! There's a Spanish option, but she didn't click it for them! So instead I used my broken Spanish and helped them through the process! Interesante to me.
2. While sitting on the plane and waiting to see if someone was coming to sit next to me at the window, an attendant (or computer voice) spoke over the speaker and said "This is flight whatever to Houston. If you do not want to fly to Houston, please get off the plane immediately." A better question I would want answered - if you're not flying to Houston, how did we let you on the plane in the first place?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment