I did not realize that it had almost been two weeks since my last post and I apologize. Here is what has been happening:
My two Summer B classes started and are well underway. They both started last Monday, and end Thursday of next week. They are four days a week, and about two and a half or three hours long, so needless to say I feel like I'm back in high school with a full day of classes. One class is Statistics with a math approach so it's slightly challenging my newfound love for the topic, but in a good way. The other class is a mixture of everything a high school math teacher should know. The teacher is not my favorite, but as Bobby said, he's what I need right now while I'm busy doing other things (he is not so much the organized "you must turn in your homework now or else" type of professor).
The good news is those two classes end the same day as the online course for which I am a TA! This is why summer starts in ten days - my vacation starts in ten days!! I have off from July 28th through Labor Day weekend - how great is that!!
The wonderful news is that on July 28th (at oh dark hundred) Bobby and I are heading to TEXAS!!!!! I couldn't be more excited!!! This is the thought that is getting me through the paper and research and homework and studying that I have to do these next two weeks!! I cannot wait to see family and friends. And the best part?! I cannot wait to eat at those wonderful restaurants - who'd have known that I would crave Belton cuisine!! Bobby and I are making lists of the places and at the top is most definitely Mexican!!!! (Okay, for "us" it's Mexican, but for me, it's none other than McAlister's of course!) Yay for a real vacation away from school (although I may begin reading ahead for a class I will be the TA for in the fall - it's a new book with some new concepts - and yes, I'm a nerd)!!!
Smile: Yay for wonderful friends who are willing to drive to Belton to come see me!!
Frown: The heat wave has arrived! We may not have AC, but the study lounge in the lobby does, so guess where I've been doing my homework?! :)
3 comments:
I can't even begin to tell you (again) how sad I am that I'm not going to be in Texas when you are. I'm depressed and I'll be sending you the bill for my shrink.
Yeah for SUMMER and YEAH for TEXAS!!!! I hope that you guys have a wonderful trip!!
Can't wait for you to get here. Chief gave me the day off, so where do you want to go first?
Post a Comment