So I was sitting in the cafe today, tutoring and working on homework, and I overheard these two girls next to me talking about how Spring Break is only a month from this Friday! I was shocked!!!!! I realize today is February, but I just hadn't realized Spring Break was that close! While most people would be cheering (and I am cheering, because I'm excited to see Karen Hudson) I am freaking out! That means I have four weeks until midterms! That's unreal! I just started my classes! Is this semester really going to fly by that fast?!! In other news, on Sunday Bobby and I will officially have been married six months! Time really does fly!! Also, you should be proud of me... Okay, so if you recall last semester I was toooooo generous and I tutored a guy three days a week from like 10 am to 2 pm for free! This semester I had been successfully avoiding him (he has the class on a different night than I do) until yesterday! He found me while I was eating in the cafeteria with Mary and asked me about helping him this semester. I had been intending to say no, but what can I say, I'm awful with that word! So instead I said okay but I told him I could only do it on Tuesday mornings between 9 and 12 (I have class at 1, so it cannot go later than that). He said okay! And then Mary made a polite comment that he should pay me this semester - I told him it was up to him, but he said he'd try to do something so we'll see. I'm just glad it's only three hours a week maximum!!! Also, Mary is having trouble getting together with her tutor, so she's going to start paying me (I'm giving her a discount of course, because she's a friend, and I'm only just learning the material as well, so I could tutor her incorrectly) to tutor her so yay for making money!!!! Also, I did tell another girl no - I worked with her a couple times last semester and she wanted me to get together with her this semester as a study group (she wants me to be able to ask her questions if I have any) but that way she can ask me her questions and I can nicely explain it to her (even though she also has a tutor - so she won't be paying me). I said no!! Aren't you proud of me?! I'm certainly proud of myself!! :)
Smile: Karen's coming in a month and she's bringing my scrapbook stuff!!!
Frown: I ordered a textbook online (it's out of print, not in the school bookstore). I did normal shipping because usually that's at max a week and I didn't need the book for a week... except this time it might be three weeks! My book might not arrive for two more weeks! How awful is that?!
Extra Frown: My mousepad isn't working on my laptop. Normally I can move the mouse around with my finger and then tap the pad to click on something, but now that's not working! I can still move the mouse, but the tapping does nothing! So I have to instead reach and use the actual click buttons - which is okay, but I'm just not in the habit of doing this. Any ideas on how to fix this?!!!
3 comments:
I know there is a place on your computer where you have the option to turn the mouse pad off, maybe you accidently did this?
yay for only a month away!
yay for spring break!! i hope the semester goes quickly because then I'll only be a year from my wedding!!
and i'm very proud of you for saying no ( :
and double yay for getting your scrapbook stuff! I need to get working on mine again before more stuff piles on. I got the stuff out last week, but haven't touched it at all. I think law school sapped my creativity??
Post a Comment