Last weekend at home with my family was sad but good. The worst part? The day before we flew to Seattle, I didn't feel good so I went to the doctor - I had a sinus infection and an ear infection! If you can imagine, that put a whole new spin on flying!
This week I have been incredibly busy trying to get stuff done and get caught up and feel better! Let me just say I am glad this week is over and now that I've survived this week (relatively speaking - I was unable to complete all my readings) I can most likely survive any week!!! Taking six classes this semester (in case you're curious - History of Math, Math for Elementary Schools, Regression - Statistics, Advanced Algebra, Topics of Analysis - Math, Combinatorics - Discrete Math) is definitely going to be challenging, but so far I enjoy all the classes so I'm looking forward to this semester.
Now to change to a more lighthearted topic... A couple funny stories that will make you laugh (because it's me!). When Bobby and I were on the plane getting ready to leave Seattle, we were still sitting at the gate, but the flight attendants were getting ready for take off and had already shut all of the overhead bins. Well, there was a bin on our side a few rows up and a bin on the other side a few rows further ahead that had the little black straps (like the parts of a backpack) sticking out of the bins!!! If you know me, you know this drove me nuts!!! I was tempted to make Bobby get up and fix them (he was sitting on the aisle or I would have done it). However, our plane was delayed two hours so they let people get off the plane and during the process of getting off and back on, those two bins were open and someone fixed the straps. In fact, when one of the bins opened, the guy closed it, noticed the strap was still out and then reopened it to put the strap back in the bin! How great is that?!!! (I know, only I would be bothered by this, but what can I say?!) Okay, this next thing happens a lot, and maybe because I was extra tired this week it bothered me more, but I feel I should share and see if I'm alone on this... I usually get to class super early (I like to read a little before class, and I want a good seat). Now for some of my classes, there are classes in the room so I have to wait in the hall. Sometimes I sit in the hall and sometimes I stand, but either way I'm out there. Yet, when people begin arriving to class, they see me in the hall, they probably know I'm in class, and yet they still walk up to the door and look in the window to see if there is a class in the room!! I want to say "Why do you think I'm out here?!" But I refrain. Now, I am more understanding when it's just me in the hall, but when there are ten people in the hall and the new people arriving still feel the need to look and verify that there is a class in the room... Now maybe it's just me, but is that really necessary?!! Okay, I feel better now! I'm glad I got that off my chest!!! :)
Smile: A package arrived from my mom-in-law today - Should I open it or wait for Bobby to wake up?!! :)
Frown: I have so much reading to do this weekend!!! I am a math major!! I want to spend my weekend doing math problems, not reading!
3 comments:
I know EXACTLY how you feel about people who still check the classroom. I want to be like "helllooooo, i'm intelligent too. do you think I would be out here if i could be in there??"
And what was in your fun package??? Scrapbook things?
Always open the package. It has your name on it too.
It's even more fun when your husband says "are you sure?" or checks it out for himself after you've told him something. Mine does that to me and it drives me CRAZY! But that's what marriage is all about - two people driving each other crazy and loving it. :)
Post a Comment