Monday, February 13, 2006

Blizzard of '06

Yes, that's what they're calling this weekend of snow. Thursday and Friday morning we were told to expect up to a foot of snow over the night on Friday. What did we end up getting?! Almost 27 inches of snow from Friday night to Saturday early evening! This picture is not great, and I apologize for that, but it's the best I could get today - and there was no way I was going outside yesterday when the windchill was in the single digits or teens, sorry!! This is a picture of the sidewalk behind our apartment, it's our courtyard. Needless to say we survived the blizzard and enjoyed watching the snow falling from our couch. It was quite entertaining to see the change in the snow fall - from light snow, to a heavy snow, from a vertical snowfall, to a horizontal snowfall (yes, it was a strong wind), to a swirling snowfall! I love living in the north!! In other news, I got the best gift from my sister today!!! Don't look too long at the picture - it's quite unflattering of me (not a flattering sweater - no one was going to see me today) but instead focus on the wonderful pajama pants!!!! My sister wore them in Seattle and then I asked her to buy a pair for me and she did and I got them today!!! What a happy day!! In other news - Bobby got his hair cut. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of his long hair, and the short hair caught me off guard at first (he was asleep when I got home that night and I was shocked by not seeing the long hair) but now I'm getting used to it. I was going to post a picture but he didn't think it was news worthy enough, but I decided to at least mention it, just in case you guys were curious!! :)


Smile: My textbook finally arrived! Yay for the nice people that use abebooks.com! I ordered my book late Friday afternoon and it arrived this afternoon (guess what I've been reading since then?!) so yay for them and yay for me finally having a textbook (a month later, minor detail).
Frown: I have to miss a lot of the Olympics this week because of my classes!! Ooh, but extra smile, Apprentice is moving to Monday nights so I won't have to rush home after class on Thursday to see it (the change in the Apprentice is a frown for Bobby - I think he enjoyed when I'd get out of class late so he wouldn't have to watch it, and the Olympics is probably a smile for him since I don't think he enjoys watching as much as I do!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute pants :)