Recently I decided I was fed up with not going to bed until four and not waking up until eleven or twelve the next day. This weekend I had nothing planned so I decided to try to change this pattern. Friday night I stayed up all night! I'm normally up until four, so what's the difference between four and all night?! I accidentally fell asleep for an hour at ten Saturday morning, but besides this mishap, this part of the idea was complete. I spent the day working on statistics with my new friend Mary and shortly after dinner I was exhausted. I fell asleep at 9:30!!! I couldn't believe it! I woke up at 7 the next morning, I set my alarm because I did not want to fall back into this awful sleeping pattern. I was a little tired, but I was so excited about getting back to my normal sleeping hours that I hardly noticed I was tired! Last night I went to bed at eleven - which is when I want to start going to bed because it's when all the good night shows are over. This morning I woke up at seven to my alarm and felt quite refreshed!! It is now a little after noon, when I'm typically just waking up. So far today I have watched the Today Show (it's Where in the World is Matt Lauer week - very exciting)! worked out! I am dressed and ready to take on the day! I went to school and changed my name, my address, sent a fax to UMHB for my transcript, sent a fax to Gym X to finally cancel the membership, bought tickets for Bobby and I to eat Thanksgiving lunch at the univeristy (it's cheaper, and much easier than trying to cook in the small kitchen) and I am about to go talk to a professor about one of my homework assignments! I don't remember how my sleeping pattern got off track, but I sure hope I am able to have more days like today - I feel very productive, I feel more alive!! I know this feeling won't last too long, but I'm going to enjoy it today!!!
Smile: What a great day!! I can't wait to see my parents in a week, Elaine and Brian in a month, possibly Julia over Christmas, possibly Patrick over Christmas, probably Karen Hudson over Spring Break!!!! Yay for Visitors and yay for a great day!!!
Frown: It is November and the weather here is still not consistently cold! It's in the mid-60's today, which isn't hot, but it's hotter than I expected and much hotter than I want!!
1 comment:
we win for hot november weather... way to cancel the gym x almost 3 months after you move away, sounds like the other ashley losing the stuff she was supposed to send in to cancel her tan-your-hide, and i finally went and pretended to be her last week and did that :)
Post a Comment