Tuesday I found out that I made an A- on my Problem Solving midterm. I actually did well on the two problems where I was running out of time and did not think I fully developed the answer, and on the two answers I was confident about I did not do so hot! Oops! I was slightly upset, while still being thrilled for my friends that made A's, and was trying to focus on the fact that I did so well on my Statistics midterm (I had gotten that grade back a week earlier). Tonight I got my Math Models midterm back and that has definitely made my week (or so I thought, details in a minute) - I made a 41 out of 40!! Normally I wouldn't brag or anything, but I did not think I did well on this midterm (it was take home and after turning it in I found out I incorrectly answered a few problems). Well, I guess the teacher liked my solutions and explanations (one problem took me five pages!) and I got a few points for the bonus. So my lesson from midterms is to solve harder for Problem Solving, and continue to kick butt in the other two classes! Then I went to my other class tonight (last week the professor told us he still wasn't sure how we would be graded - we've turned in two papers so far and both have not had official grades on them). He told us tonight that we still have another paper due next week, but then we have a two page paper (double spaced of course) due on December 14th dicussing any topic from the semester and this paper will be our grade for the entire course!! Can you believe it?! Out of four papers that could be graded, he's only going to grade the last one! My entire grade in this class is based on two pages! Unreal!! The kicker is that an A- in this class is an 85 to an 89 - which I just think is awful (a C is anything below 60). So I'm currently doing my best not to stress about this paper (I will stress over Thanksgiving break) and to instead remember that I made it through midterms somewhat successful! Hopefully this will carry over to finals and I will have a successful semester - which will be exciting because coming here I was quite nervous about attending such a prestigious university after attending a small private school no one's heard of (not to pick on UMHB or anything). Hopefully I will continue to prove that I am a worthy student of this place!!!
In other good news, a fellow student sent out an email to some classmates (including me) asking for someone to help her out by taking notes for her in class (she has glaucoma). Her disability is covered and will pay someone $10 an hour. I replied to her email first so I am now going to be paid $10 an hour to sit in class and take notes, and then $10 an hour for the extra time that it takes me to recopy my notes that I took in class so that I can make a set of notes for her and give them to her! How awesome is that?! I'm getting paid to sit in class!! Decent midterm grades, getting paid to be in class, getting to work out this week thanks to the new and wonderful sleeping schedule - hopefully this will continue to be a good week!
Smile: Patrick is coming to visit us for 12 days over Christmas break!!
Frown: It's still a little too warm for November!!
1 comment:
Great job on midterms. I love being able to read what is going on. I gave your web page to Teri and Bobby's email address, so ya'll can keep in touch.
Post a Comment